Friday, June 15, 2012

Skyrim

Alright so I've decided that I need to play some new games and I took poll via facebook to see what game I should play next. Skyrim had the most votes so I will be putting in a full 8 hours into the game and updating it hourly with my thoughts about the game play, the story, the world, etc. Just my overall thoughts about my experience.

So today I will be posting my pre-game post and I will just be re-editing this post with the rest as well as a post game update deciding if I'll play it again/finish the story and I'll give it a score.


Pre-Game:

The last elder scrolls game I ever played was Morrowind and I don't even remember what platform I played it on. For this play I will be on a PS3. I saw the trailer when it launched and it looked pretty awesome.. There was a cool Dragon flying through the sky and the dude in armor looked awesome as well. Other than that I don't know a whole lot about the game. I watched my girlfriend play Oblivion a few times and heard my friends talk about some crazy exploits they did with the arena and jumping. So Im expecting a large massive world with the ability to go wherever and as hard as Im going to try and stay focused on the story, I know myself and I most likely will end up in a bunch of side quests. Regardless I will still update hourly with what quests I've finished and where I am/what my plan in game will be.

Thank you everyone who took part in my facebook poll, I'll be doing another one after I finish this one. I will start most likely Sunday night/Monday so stay tuned, I will most likely post pictures as well, but they will be taken with my phone, I don't have a video capture card nor Skyrim on my computer. So stay tuned.

Also keep in mind, for those of you who have not played the game and don't want anything ruined but just want to know my review/score, jump down past Post-Game to my Review section.

Character Creation: Alright so I figured I would make a section for character creation and I'll upload what character I designed.  I figured this by itself could take about an hour and I won't count it as part of the game counter.  The install and update took a million years, I could've had a friggin child in the amount of time it took.  But now I am on the title screen.

I really like how simple the screen is and the music is pretty awesome.  I really like the simplicity mixed with intense  music.  Really gets my gaming engine running!



So Lets push start already.

I've started the game now and turns out Im some kind of thief or something.  Was caught on some border and jumped by some dudes.  I'll admit its the first I've started a game a prisoner so thats kinda cool and original.  The game looks way better than Oblivion so thats a big plus.  Lol they called one name at a time and all the other NPCs just stepped off the area, silly.

My name hmmm...



why Hulk Hogan of course.

Balls im not on the list and have to go to anyway?  Thats gay....

Woah I dont want my head chopped off...I like my head.  Holy shit a giant dragon showed up!  Thanks for saving my head dawg...but I could've done with the fire balls at me.  Oops better start playing, game just shoved me into something....ON TO THE 1ST HOUR!!

1st hour:


Okay, so the start of this game is pretty awesome!  Some guard had me go with him and he took these stupid shackles off so now I can do stuff.  I decided to steal some gear out of a box and suddenly became a dual wielder, which is awesome!  Killed some guys/girls and stole their armor and now I have awesome imperial junk and fur gauntlets.  I also picked up some apps, eggs, a few baskets, a rabbit, a pheasant, and a bunch of potions!!

This guy keeps calling me "Dun Dun" my name is "Hulk Hogan" damnit.

Hells yeah Ill pick some locks and thanks to my awesomeness I found some hella sweet mage gear along with gold and potions.  I don't care about spells, but I should probably learn a few anyways.  Hopefully some cool lightning spells or spells to make swords appear and fight for me, that'd be awesome!

Alright so I started with a flame but learned a sweet spark spell!  So I did learn some cool lightning!!  I should wear my mage armor while casting spells, seems smart.  I also love that you can repick up your arrows you shoot into enemies!!



look how awesome I look now.


I caught a butterfly!

Im supposed to follow the main story....so Ill take a little detour into this mine shaft.

Dont jump off cliffs...even if you did choose the thief sign.

I really like how smooth the conversations go.  I really feel like I am in them myself.  I was jumped by some wolves, but a little lightning took them down.  Now Im getting help from a blacksmith.

2nd hour:


So Im not totally sure on time frames any more...since I played from like some time after 11 till about 230.  But I'll try and keep it in order.  I picked up a sidequest to go get some golden claw, I know.  I said I would stick to the main story the best I could...welp I tried.  Anyways I ended up going the complete wrong direction and was progressing with the main story when I learned you could activate and turn off quests in the start menu, fantastic!!

So I quick moved back to river city or whatever, killed some dudes in tower and found the area where the Golden claw was. 

3rd hour:


During this time I stealthed throughout the entire dungeon, killing people with lightning, slashing my sword, finding awesome stuff. I even found the golden claw...and later died.  Turns out, when you die you have to start the entire dungeon over...gay.

Oh well, this time I just flew through everything up to the golden claw.  I even made it through the dungeon, found some decent treasure and a skull with some flowers.  Took it all and walked out of the place.  That is about where I decided to quit for tonight...since I work at 10am I should get a little sleep.

4th hour:


This hour was a little annoying, mostly because I finished the dungeon and it said I didn't...that was after I jumped off the cliff the exit took me to.  So I found the secrets I needed and fought the boss and of course.  Later I returned the claw, stole some stuff from the trader and headed to whiterun.  I met Jural or whatever and was supposed to fetch a "dragonstone" from some temple....guess what, I already had it HAHA!!

5th hour:


This hour was really cool.  I fought a dragon, found out im a dragonborn, now I can shout and stuff haha.  I became a noble in whiterun and joined the companions.  Im also level 5 now, Im really loving skyrim.

Fighting that dragon was intense, I hit it with as much of my shock blasts as I could, but eventually had to bust out the bow until he landed.  I found armor in him haha guess he ate someone!  Also I've read like 50 books and found a quest for Red Eagle sword, I wonder where it is?  I also am going to do a quest for some guy whose father's sword was stolen.  Time to find it and complete this bounty I was given.

I have a lot of work to do, but nothing is too much for Hulk Hogan!

6th, 7th, and 8th hour:

Tonight I slammed 3 hours together.  I actually did a lot of stuff.  Im working on getting a house and Im nearly there.  I have 2500 gold saved up, so I just need another...2500 gold....  I did a quest where this girl wanted me to kill a guy, but instead I joined his side and got her arrested for selling out her people.

I also got some kid his father's sword back and he taught me a cool sword and shield technique...now if only I used a shield.  eh.

I leveled up to level 6 now and I've upgraded my sneaking so its 20% harder to find me and I upgraded my lightning.  It now costs less and is more effective/adds stun.

Found a mammoth tusk for some chick and beat up some guy for a different girl.

Post-Game:


So I've accomplished the 8 hours I said I would put into this game and honestly I've probably done more than 8 hours hahaha!

Since I've finished the 8 hours I've decided that this game was way better than I thought it was going to be...

My roommate just came home drunk with his drunk girlfriend...nerds.

Anyways, since I only played Morrowind and watched Oblivion be played I didn't think I was going to like this game much, especially since I wasn't a fan of the other two.  However, I was greatly mistaken.  The visuals for this game were awesome and I never seem to get bored of the quests.  The world is vast and is just so much fun to explore!  So I most certainly will continue after this 8 hour session.

Review:


So for my review.

I completely recommend this game to anyone who hasn't played it that likes game like Fallout 3 or the previous Elder Scrolls.  The visuals look fantastic and all the dialogue moves together so fluidly its as if you are personally in each and every conversation.  I still don't like that you can't run and jump but oh well.  Other than that, I wish the menu button was Triangle instead of circle and I wish there was an actual button for the map vs having to press start and than Square.  The amount of content is massive and its perfectly open.  However I did find that if you are in the middle of a story event, there is no fast traveling.

So if I had to give this game a rating I would give it a...9/10.

Im not totally sure what Im basing that off of, but I love the game, Im going to keep playing it for awhile...at least till I get Luigi's Mansion 2 or the new Kingdom Hearts game or my next review thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A big thank you to the following people for taking part in my poll with what they wanted me to play between Dark Souls, Skyrim, or professor Layton and their suggestions for others if they had any:

Donald - Dark Souls
Faye - Skyrim or borderlands
Alexandra - Crash bandicoot
Christian - Diablo 3 or Skyrim
Caleb - Devil May cry 4
Tyler - Skyrim
TJay - Dark Souls
Rawshell - Professor Layton(which I did beat in my off time from the blog/game)

Also a big thank you to whomever gave my blog a +1, I really appreciated that and for the 12 views I received so far.  Thanks for reading and taking part of everything you guys.  Feel free to leave comments on it, what you liked, what you didn't, what you wanted to see more of, and of what game you want me to do next.  I'll post another poll in a week or so.

Thanks everyone!

Chukkaque

P.s.

Wow an additional 2 +1's, thank you very much Alex B and whoever else did, I appreciate it a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment