Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Nights are tough

These last few nights, have been really tough.  Our tiny one likes to be awake from midnight to 3am.  So from a variety of bouncing, burping, feeding, changing, and letting the little guy communicate to us in his only fashion it really starts to wear you down.


My wife and I have been doing good on communication and working together, but nights of no sleep can really break a person a part.  I've found myself just beaten and dragging my feet.  It can be tough to concentrate with only get a few hours of sleep and sometimes its broken hours, which are worse.


Thankfully I work a job that is not physically demanding, but still, it can be tough to focus.


Don't get it wrong, being a parent has been so amazing over these almost 3 weeks.  Seeing the way he interacts with us and the world around him.  Getting to see his smiles and hear his sounds.  Its HUGE!  I love him to the moon and back.  But these nights, especially when they're consistent, really can wear down a person.


My wife though, she is the real MVP.  I love seeing her in action!  She just works with him so well, even when I know she is just as wiped as me if not substantially more.  Moms are tough.  Without here, this would be a journey and experience that would be much more difficult and I don't know what I would do without her.  At work I often just wish I was at home with them, even if that means listening to tiny one shout his feelings, constantly cleaning, and changing diapers for days.  I love it.  I love the struggle.  I don't, however, love not sleeping ha ha ha!


In other news I had my second review posted on Triton today.  You guys have already seen it though.  It was my Stardew Valley review, but I went back and adjusted some of the language and added images.  That's going to be a big thing for my reviews over there.  I'll be adding images and links to everything.  Unlike here where I write everything as an informative blog post.


Well I think I'll leave it at that for today.  More to come tomorrow I'm sure!


Have a good everyone and as always I'll see you in the next blog.  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment