Thursday, July 14, 2016

We have a little boy

Hey what's up everyone.  This is going to be a blog rather than an opinion piece or a game review.  Though I am going to be writing up reviews for Brave Exvious and Pokémon GO for those of you that are curiois.


On June 30th my son finally emerged into the world!  I can't begin to explain the rush of emotions and feelings that came over me during the entire period.  For some quick information that folks always want to know.  This was our first child.  My wife went through about 10 hours of labor.  She thought she had bad Braxton hicks for a few hours, then we started tracking them.  3 hours later our midwives were on the scene.  Her water broke at about 130am and then our son was born at 2:58am!  It was amazing.  My wife amazing.  I was with her the entire time, doing anything I could for her.  By the end of the process I was just left mind blown and in aw of this incredible person that was my wife.  She did so much, tried so hard, and was able to do this.  I just can't be more impressed or grateful and thankful for what she's done for us.  We wanted to have a baby, and it happened.  We wanted to have a natural at home birth with no drugs, and it happened.  She was worried at times, but she went through it and I just can't be more amazed by her strength.


Going through this 40ish week process was life changing.  I read books, which some people told me was pointless.  I read articles, listened to folks and stories, became educated in hospital birth, home birth, what the processes are and everything.  I became passionate about topics I didn't even realize I cared about.  But boy was it worth it.  It's been about 2 weeks since he was born.  The nights can be tough sometimes.  Especially since he likes to sleep all day and then stay awake at night.  I just recently returned to work, which has been hard.  It's hard not being there with them.  But we're making it work.  There is no good way for me to describe what it's like to be a parent.  I love it.


I dedicate this post to the love of my life, my rock, my partner, my everything, my amazing and wonderful wife.  As well as my new best buddy.  Welcome to the world tiny one!


If folks are interested I have a lot of opinions in Home birth vs hospital birth.  Maybe I'll write an opinion piece on that!


Thanks for reading and I'll see you guys in the next article.  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment